Monday, July 27, 2009

For those of us without iPhones

Google has an extremely robust set of queries you can send via text message (that's txt msg for those of you under 18). You simple text your query to 466453 and instantaneously (usually) you get a text message back with the information you want.

Google SMS

Usual text fees apply, but if you have an unlimited texts plan, I would highly recommend checking this out.

Uses: last night, I was playing Rainbow 6 and I got this word in my head. The word was "inimical." I texted
"Define: inimical" to 466453 and immediately I got
unfriendly: not friendly; "an unfriendly act of aggression"; "an inimical critic"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn


This is the first definition if you would have typed "define: inimical" into the google search engine. Pretty rad, no?

No comments: