Friday, October 26, 2007

I can see a trend...

Should this blog become a repository for all the wacky stuff that I encounter whilst teaching? Perhaps.
Exhibit A: an email I received last night from a student I had about 2 years ago.
I've copied the email below but I've X'd out the student's name...keep in mind everything between the lines is one email.



Dear.Peter Sprangers

Hello.
This is XXXXX who was your student at 2006, spring.
I think you are still teaching stat 135. Right??
I transfered to another school, far away from OSU.
I want to transfer stat 135 to my current school. But this school require me to bring stat135 syllabus. I checked online, but I can just see the "basic syllabus". But, I need to see detail.

Dear, peter..
I am so sorry for asking this kind of thing to you.
But I need your help. You are only one who can save my life.
Could you send me e-mail with stat 135 syllabus attached??
Please..I do not want to take stat class again. It was so horrible,,difficult..
Please..help me out..
Thank you very much.

Have a good day.
XXXXX





Awesome. So I send the student a copy of our current syllabus, a feat which takes me approximately 3 and a half minutes. Her response:





Thank you for kindness.
I appreciate..
Have a good weekend.
God bless you~
XXXXX



Me, saving lives since 2005. Sprocketplug out.

2 comments:

Kate said...

hahaha...you must teach a mean stats class Pete...She shoulda sent you a small fee for saving her life...I certainly would if it meant I didn't have to take stats again...;-)

Unknown said...

You do know that she can use that syllabus as grounds for a lawsuit against you, right?